INFORMATION OF MANGROVE
Coastal communities generally recognize that mangrove forests are very useful and can be utilized in a variety of ways to make ends meet. Mangrove tree is a strong woody trees and leafy. starting from the root, Bark, Tree Trunk, leaves and flowers can all be utilized human.
The bark is said to be in use by preservatives and drugs. Various medications can be generated from the mangrove plant. A mixture of several species of mangrove bark of certain drugs can be made itch or inflammation of the skin. mangrove plants traditionally used as an antidote to snake bites, rheumatism, digestive tract disorders, and others.
Tancang fruit trees can be made in fabric dyes and preservatives and nets by soaking in boiling water tancang fruit, in addition to preserving the result is also a brown-red coloration to dark brown, depending on the length of dark and soaking the material. Staining is widely used for the production of batik, to obtain orange-brown staining. high bark boiled water be used to preserve materials long nets by fishermen.
The leaves contain lots of protein. Young leaves tree fires can be eaten as a vegetable or vegetables. The leaves can be made in addition to animal feed. mangrove leaf type fires or liquids containing nectar by wasps can be converted into high-quality honey. his bitter but if the cook with care can also be eaten.
Many mangrove trees make good fuel for firewood or made in the form of charcoal for household and small industries. Trunk is useful as a building material.
We already know that sea water can seep into the mainland to several kilometers if this happens, then the water will be dug in the land unusable. This is called intruisi seawater. Mangrove forests can serve as prevention because they can maintain the existence of a layer of fresh water.
In addition to preventing instructions sea water, mangroves also serve as a filter purifier water into the sea. Mangrove forest because it slows the flow. quality of water returned to the sea will be increased in the presence of the mangrove forest.
Mangrove forests could hinder the swift ocean currents that made landfall. it can not eliminate it completely, but enough to dampen keganasanya, the negative effect of ocean currents and wind can be reduced in the presence of the mangrove forest.
Mangrove forests are able to place the formation of sedimentation on the coast. This could help the formation of new land on the coast. therefore, the ecologist give a title to the mangrove forest as “Supporting Life Guard System”. If the mangrove forests disappear, the possibility of very large abrasion.
Root respiration (peg roots) and fires and tancang not only serves to plant respiration, but also catch the sediment acts and can clear the content of chemical substances from the water that comes from the land and into the sea. River water that flows from the mainland often carry chemicals or pollutants. When the river water through the roots of the tree peg fires, chemical substances that can be released and the water continues to flow into the ocean to be clean. Many people see this as an area of marginal land that is useless and a handful of soil to be much more productive. It is very harmful because it can cover tree roots causing breathing and die.
Mangrove leaves that fall and into the water. after reaching base decomposed by micro-organisms (bacteria and fungi). This decomposition is the food of the larvae and small animals water that in turn become prey to larger animals and land animals that live or visit in the mangrove habitat.
Mangrove tree roots stick to give substance to be fed and nursery areas for fish and animals that live in the surrounding interverbrata. fish and shrimp in the catch at sea and in the coral reef before adults need protection from predators and a sufficient supply of nutrients in the mangrove area. Various types of land animals shelter or stop perches and foraging in the mangrove habitat.
Some of the benefits and functions of mangrove forests can be grouped as follows:
- Benefits / Physical Function:
- Keeping the shoreline remains stable
- Protect beaches and rivers from erosion and abrasion
- Withstand storms / high winds from the sea.
- Result of the accumulation of mud resist process, thus allowing the formation of new land.
- Be a buffer area, and serves to filter sea water into fresh water inland.
- To process toxic waste, producing O2 and CO2 absorbent.
- Benefits / Biological Functions:
- Weathering that produce material to be important food source for plankton, so it is also important for the sustainability of the food chain
- Spawning and breeding places of fish, shellfish, crabs and shrimp.
- Shelter, nesting and breeding of birds and other wildlife.
- Germ plasma resources and genetic resources.
- Is a natural habitat for many species of bio-ta.
- Benefits / Economical Functions:
- Timber: firewood, charcoal, building materials.
- Producers of raw materials industries: pulp, tannin, paper, textile, food, medicine, cosmetics, etc
- Seed-producing fish, milkfish, mussels, crabs, milkfish ponds Silvofishery through patterns
- Tourist attractions, research and education.